What to Do While You’re Here
Make the Carriage House Inn your home base for your stay in the beautiful Lake Ontario area. There are so many things to do and see! Below you will find a list of dining, shopping, and other activities that can be enjoyed when you visit us. See the “Events” page to see if there are any special events for the dates you have planned to be in the area.
History: Historic Sodus Point—a great source of Sodus Point historical information http://www.historicsoduspoint.com/
Great Sodus Bay Association: Everything you want to know about Sodus Point! http://www.greatsodusbay.org/
Wayne County Tourism: a comprehensive guide to places and activities in our local area http://www.waynecountytourism.com/
Seaway Trail: www.seawaytrail.com Charts historical places and things to do along Lake Ontario’s south shore.
Finger Lakes Region: New York’s Finger Lakes region offers a wealth of activities: http://www.fingerlakes.org/
Hiking, trails, etc:
- Chimney Bluffs State Park – Fishing, picnicking, hunting, hiking, scenic views, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and X-country skiing.
- Audubon Center
- Seaway trail
- Erie Canal – marinas, fishing hiking/biking paths, canalside parks
- Butterfly trail at Lock 30 Canal Park in Macedon
- Sodus Point Walking Tours – Self-Guided tour of Historic Sodus Point
- Great Sodus Lighthouse – the most frequently visited attraction in Wayne County, New York
- Lake Ontario wine trail
- Finger Lakes wine trail
- Captain Jack’s Goodtime Tavern
- Marlin’s Handcrafted Food & Drink (formerly Abe’s Waterfront Boathouse and The Warehouse Tap & Grill).
- Steger Haus Restaurant, get a 10% discount when staying at the Carriage House Inn–
- The Bay Street Hotel
- Skipper’s Landing
- Burnap’s Farm Market Café
- Pultneyville Deli & The UP Pub