A couple of months ago, Claudine found this wonderful recipe for a blueberry and cream cheese French Toast. We tried it out, and it has turned into one of our guest’s favorite recipes. It is simple to make, although, if there is a good way to “dollop cream cheese evenly”, we’d like to know how.
It is so rich and tasty, it probably should be outlawed.!! Until then, we will keep making it. We hope you will enjoy it too.
Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast
- 10 slices of cubed bread (we use French bread, but sandwich bread will work as well)
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 9 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups of milk
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Spray a 9X13 pan with oil.
- Place half the bread cubes covering the pan bottom.
- Dollop the cream cheese evenly on bread cubes. (this is the hardest part—you want small dollops to spread evenly)
- Place half the blueberries on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with remaining bread and then remaining blueberries.
- Beat eggs, milk and maple syrup together.
- Pour directly over mixture in pan. Make sure every bread cube is soaked!
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
This can be made gluten free and dairy free by using gluten-free bread, dairy free cream cheese, and lactose free milk. It tastes just as yummy!